Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sight-seeing


After the event @Lushan we visited
several interesting places.

Ceramic center @Jingderzhen.
There were many factories and display rooms here with all kind of
ceramic products one could imagine.
We went to one of the factories that
provide many facilities with regard
to ceramic production.

This was my first experience painting
on ceramic plate which was quite
thick and heavy. After finished
painting it had to be heated in the
kiln for 24 hours so as to paste the
color on the plate.
I haven't seen the outcome yet because we were on the move.

The owner of the factory promised
to send me a photograph of the
finished work, and if I liked, would
send it to me.























The owner of the factory wanted me
to paint her portrait, and I did.





















She seems to like it. She presented
me a piece of pottery for remembrance.














Visiting Yaoli was memorable.
It was an ancient preserved historical
site recognized by UNESCO.

The architecture was very unique.
I would stay a month here if
I could...

Left photo: The local was very eager
to explain many things to me. (in
Chinese off course!) Although I didn't
understand anything I could feel that
he was very proud of his place. He
deserved it!







































Porcelain Historical Site at
Jing De Zhen.














It was remarkable to know that
they had use hydro technology to
pound stone into dust before
transformed it to become a desired
object made of porcelain.
























We also visited tea pot center.






















@ Zhejiang Art Museum.

Very lucky to be able to visit the
museum when several exhibitions
ran simultaneously.



Hide all







A chance to observe original works
by Joan Miro.











Many works from Grand Masters
were on display. This was one of
the paintings that won gold medal.

2 comments:

Matt Kopikarat said...

Salam..I feel lucky to knew you..the great artist in Malaysia. The painting that you standing infront is really great and fantastic..congrats!

Deen (Yie)

Ismail Kadir said...

Tq. Very happy to share it with you.