Monday, July 20, 2009


Outdoor Painting Workshop

Last Saturday I was honored to
conduct an outdoor painting workshop
for students from Universiti Malaysia
Kelantan. The location was at Lata
Tembakah, Jerteh, Terengganu - a
forest reservation and favorite holiday
spot. There are many beautiful
waterfalls, ponds and clean running
streams that can take away our soul -
an unending source of inspiration for
artists and nature lovers.

The students were very enthusiastic
but what can be done in one day?
I've given some fundamentals in
watercolor as time permitted and
everybody was to paint on location.
I was always available for comments
and hands-on assistance.

I did one painting demonstration
(above left) to show how I work
and a chance for them to observe or
copy whenever necessary.

Everybody was happy and some
couldn't resist themselves from
plunging into the soothing water!

Happy painting!

No comments: