Friday, July 17, 2009


The Price of Being Ignorance.

I must admit that I'm no good at
IT. I only learn about it casually
through friends once in a while.
Others are trial and error.

Early this month I've tried to
transfer my camera SD card
content to my computer (quite
simple it seems because I've done
many times before). After seeing
the file had been written on my
desktop I deleted the card content.
When I open the file there were
no images at all. More than a 100
photos from 2 months events just
gone forever. What a waste! A price for being careless. A reminder for an amateurish like
me - never delete a card content until you are SURE that the images have been transferred
safely to your computer. Now I have to ask my friends to send me some images that
are relevant for me to keep and to upload on my blog later on.
(above: Kg Che Latif, w/c, 56x76cm, collection Daiichi Modern Art Gallery)

2 comments:

Joseph Chiang said...

there are programs to recover data right after you delete them...
yeah but the best way to deal with digital photos is to never trust your hard drive or flash drive and always keep at least two copies of them.

Ismail Kadir said...

tq joseph for your advise & its good
for others too i suppose. sometimes
simple mistakes/careless just happen,
such as looking for a pencil which
you had put on your ear earlier...